header pic

header pic
Leaves On The Water, North Alabama

6/23/17

Not Much Happening

Adventure Location: Rockport, Texas

The OFM and Sierra were coming home from Walmart. It had been the second day in a row of not much happening. About 1630 we were cruising along at less than a mild stroll in the Walmart parking lot when a very nice young man decided that his big Dodge truck with a strong brush guard and winch needed to customize Sierra.


We had a very pleasant visit about it all and then we went on our separate ways to talk to our insurance companies. 
The OFM Teams adjuster is due to contact us on Tuesday to discuss options.
And so ended another fine day of trying to have tooooo much fun.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about that ouch, you've had a crazy month 🤐

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there,not fun those walmart parking lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks, sorry it happened and hope he really has insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you witnessed the action. He may have simply driven away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to witness it since I was in my truck when he hit it.

      Delete
  5. Ouch! Hopefully Sierra will be good as new soon.
    Walmart parking lots are Hazardous to having tooooo much fun.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Hope the repairs are swift sand look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Late to comment on this but thought I would since it was an accident in a parking lot. A few years ago as I backed out of my parking space and was turned about to move forward ... large truck backed into me. She admitted fault, not paying attention blah blah blah. She gave me her insurance information.

    Then it came time to get the repairs paid for. Her insurance company fought it even though she is telling her agent it was her fault. In Indiana since it's a parking lot accident a police report would not be applicable.

    My insurance company finally told me after I received a check from her insurance company for only 1/2 of the bill ... that if the roles were reversed and I was at fault, they would have protected me and not paid a dime to the person I would have ran into.

    Go figure.

    ReplyDelete