header pic

header pic
Leaves On The Water, North Alabama

6/16/17

Seagrass?

Adventure Location: Rockport, Texas


Well here we go with another failure. The OFM was trying out his oil pastels to paint a scene with some marsh grass in a corner of it. He worked it and worked it and worked it and still came out yuck.

 

Thus we have another paint failure from an artist perspective. But from a fun basis it was a fantastic success. Yep we had a lot of fun messing around with this one and it is a good way of trying to have tooooo much fun.
 

11 comments:

  1. Not exactly a failure. The water looks real goo. Maybe some shadows around the grass and some highlights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me, far better than anything I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Bob Ross would say there are never any mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! I noticed right away how good the water looks. Maybe Kristine is right about shadows, I am not an artist! It's good that you enjoy your paints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The water looks like water and the grass looks like grass so i call it good, i can't do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty darn good to me plus you had too much fun .

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I saw that art on eBay...I might buy it. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're too hard on yourself! You nailed the water. And the seagrass is welcome compared to the sargassum I had to deal with this past week at MISP. Hopefully scared some fish up your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Art is subjective, it is what you like that is important. A trick I sometimes use is to step back about 5 feet and squint my eyes (or take off the bifocals, like I do). This will give you a new perspective on the piece. Maybe some darks in the grass and some reflections of the grass in the water. Pastels are difficult, and I think you have good handle on them. Relax and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Painting is hard, and it limits who can be blamed. That's why I take pictures. If a picture is not what I had hoped it would be, I blame the camera.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete